The 2003 Bradley Stoke Flash Stroke Festival
The page contains the FAQ, an Index of Stories, Final Remarks, and Post-Festival Stories
For further information contact: Mat Twassel
note to authors: If you would like to have the index link to direct readers to a version other than the ASSM archive, please let me know the details.
The BSFSF FAQ
- What is BSFSF?
- Who or What is Bradley Stoke?
- What is flash? What is stroke? What is flash stroke?
- Is the festival open to anyone?
- What happens if my story has more than 18 lines?
- Are there judges and prizes?
- 1. What is BSFSF?
BSFSF stands for Bradley Stoke Flash Stroke Festival. The 2003 version of the festival, which is the first, runs from the end of the ASSTR/ASSM Anniversary through November 27th, 2003 on the newsgroup ASSM (alt.sex.stories.moderated) and ASS (alt.sex.stories). BSFSF stories are supposed to fit on a single computer screen. For the purposes of the festival, this means no more than 18 lines (including title line and any blank lines), with each line containing no more than 70 characters of text, including spaces. BSFSF stories are text only.
- 2. Who or What is Bradley Stoke?
Bradley Stoke said, "Perhaps more interesting than a stroke story festival would be one which combined the current vogue for flash fiction with stroke." Hence this festival.
- 3. What is flash? What is stroke? What is flash stroke?
Flash is very short short story. It may be poetic, but it is fiction, not poetry, not song, not mattress tags or shopping lists or recipes for eggplant parmesan. Stroke is fiction that is intended to sexually arouse the reader. Successful stroke fiction inspires masturbation and provokes orgasm. So flash stroke is a very short short story designed to sexually arouse its readers. Those are my opinions, anyway.
Okay, how is it accomplished?
Good question. That's one of the things I hope to find out with this festival. I know traditional stroke frequently relies on attractive characters in exciting situations with lots of drawn-out tease and ever-increasing sexual tensions. Not much room in flash for long seductive skeins of tease and judiciously gradual increases of juicy tensions--that's not to say foreplay is out the window, but I suspect the flash stroke story might need to rely on powerfully exciting images, ones which continue to resonate in the reader's consciousness, ones which cause the reader to dwell and delve and dig between the lines. Either that or something in the story must hit the reader's hot buttons so expertly that instant climax is inevitable. Instant climax inevitable? You see what the writer's up against?
4. Is the festival open to anyone?
Yes. Post your story or stories (no limit) to ASSM with the subject line prefix [BSFSF]. Come one, come all, the more the merrier!
Note: although the festival now is "officially" over, I will from time to time look for new BSFSF stories and add them to this collection. So don't let a little thing like a deadline stop you!
5. What happens if my story has more than 18 lines?
BSFSF Officer Koccick will swat your butt with a hard rubber billy club. Hey! You don't need my permission to break the rules. If your story requires one or two more words to be the best you can make it, I wouldn't want to miss it.
6. Are there judges and prizes?
Yup. The readers are the judges. The stories are their prizes. The readers are the writers' prizes. Take care of each other, that's part of what this festival is all about. If you like a story, tell the writer. This being a flash stroke festival, a lot of words aren't necessary; in fact, simple symbols might suffice. I suggest using !, *, o, or @ to show your pleasure.
Index of Stories
- A Good Fit by Mat Twassel
- A Well-Oiled Machine by Mat Twassel
- Reality TV (M-solo, FF) by Souvie
- The Writer by Mat Twassel
- Irresistible by Henrik Larsen
- Moving Day by Kenn Ghannon
- Getting What She Asked For by Gamera
- I Wiggled a Finger at Her by Gamera
- Terror in the School Shower (t/t, sex) by Y. Lee Coyote
- Games Galore by Mat Twassel
- College Bar Party Time by Gamera N Gamera
- Happiness is a warm gun by Henrik Larsen
- Welded Lust (FM, bdsm, nosex) by A. Kitten
- Pale Blue by Lord Malinov
- Leanne (MF) by Walter S
- 3 Stories by juanwildone
- Egg Nog by Uncle Sky
- Extra Ohs by Mat Twassel
- In the Interests of Science by Mat Twassel
- No Substitute by Desdmona
- One More by juanwildone
- Miss Selmont by Katie McN (Ff Rom)
- Relax by Yotna El'Toub
- Time by elle`attend
- Cat Got Your Tongue? by Mat Twassel
- Pictures of Alley Baggett by cmsix
- Place by elle`attend
- Anticipation by Anne747
- Art by Mat Twassel
- Touch by Anne747
- Friendship by Frank Downey
- Officer Sherry vs the Shoplifting Porn Writer by Gamera
- Tight by Hecate
- Rhythm by Uther (mf pett flash) [1/1] <*>
- Satisfaction by Lazlo Zalezac
- Doll by Bradley Stoke (MF)
- Close-Up Cum on Cunt Pix Contest by Mat Twassel
- Something or Nothing? by Naive
- Pillow Talk by WZB
- Duet by Lord Malinov
- Midsummer's Night Mystery (Teen, sex) by Y. Lee Coyote
- Perils by celia batau (MF bond)
- Work Cocktail Party by Gamera
- Sex on a summer afternoon by Tony Hoskins
- The Food of Love by Vickie Tern
- Mismatched by Lord Malinov
- Cracked Glass by parthenogenesis
- A Night in the "Red 5" by Franz Kafka
- Choices by Peter Principle (MF)
- Safety (written under duress) by Jack C Lipton
- Just No Pleasing Some Women by WZB
- Aboard the Bawdy Bradley by PleaseCain
- Call Me by Teddy Bingham
- Inclination by elle`attend
- Watch, Wait, and Son (mF, incest, mom/son) by DiscipleN
- A Thank You to the Moderators by Gamera
- Une_Lešon_Parisienne (Teen,_first,_sex) by Y. Lee Coyote
- Old by Esu Migabe
- Trust Me by Oldwrench (MF preg)
- Cowgirl by Lazlo Zalezac
- Scene 7, Take 12 (MF) by Souvie
- Another Night in the "Red 5" by Franz Kafka
- One More Thing by Mat Twassel
- Winning by Jack C Lipton
- Gazing by Daphne Xu
- Jack and Jill Study the FAQ--!, @, o, * by Mat Twassel
- Endgame by Tom Bombadil
- Iceworld by Tom Bombadil
- Sixty Seconds by Tom Bombadil
- The First and Last Time by Tom Bombadil
- Jack and Jill by Mat Twassel
- The Lovers' Dance by Harriet Scott
- Rest Stop by Mat Twassel
- In the Still of the Night by Allison George
- Flex by Peter Principle
- Night Air, Cut Grass, Damp Nylon, Wood Smoke, Cunt by Vinnie Tesla
- It's Not Right by Frank McCoy
- Wavy Locks by Peter Principle
- Disclaimer by Vinnie Tesla
- Pilgrimage to Canterbury by Y. Lee Coyote
- The Teasing Of Mr. Tree [MF(?), exhib, hum] by Christine Indigo
- Convenient Triad by Uther (MF mf wl)
- The Double-Bradley: How to Be a Pain in the Ass by Gamera
- His Story by smilodon
- Her Story by smilodon
- After Hours at the Exhibition by Mat Twassel
- Ashley's Room (mf, oral) by Dave Harper
- Rubber Band by Mat Twassel
- Don't Mind Me by Peter Principle
- Saying It by Peter Principle
- In Good Taste by Alexis S
- Officer Koccick's Billy Club: A Review [MF, hum] by Christine Indigo
- Wedded Lust by Gary Jordan
- Hidden by Henrik Larsen
- Dalliance on the Beach by Y. Lee Coyote
- Red Rover, Red Rover, Can Adam Come Over? by Mat Twassel
- Summary Punishment by Y. Lee Coyote
- Beach Coming by Y. Lee Coyote
- The Essence of Stroke by juanwildone
- Another Night in the "Red 5" by Franz Kafka
- Sausage Stuffing by Gamera
- Mat's Dictionary by Mat Twassel
- #101 by Vinnie Tesla
Final Remarks by Bradley Stoke
Although the Bradley Stoke Flash Stroke Festival bears my name, it has virtually nothing to do with me. I don't write stroke fiction and I'm not one of the more prolific flash fiction authors. However, I did once suggest that it would be interesting for authors to try their hand at writing stroke stories within the constraints of flash fiction. It was Mat Twassel who took the idea further and organised this astonishingly successful festival.
There are no prizes, no reviews and no winners in this festival. And a good thing too! What it has facilitated is an astonishing outburst of creativity from the massed ranks of authors in the ASSTR and ASSM worlds. We have had contributions from authors who have never before written flash fiction, such as cmsix, Anne 747 and Harriet Scott. We have had contributions from authors whose take on stroke has really been rather novel, such as celia batau, Y Lee Coyote, elle'attend and PleaseCain. We have had contributions from people who have never contributed a story to ASSM before. We have had contributions from past masters of the shorter form, such as Mat Twassel, Tom Bombadil and Desdmona. We have had contributions from far more people than I can give justice to. We have had contributions that have been sad, funny, tragic, exhilarating and downright perverse.
But what they have all been is erotic and fun. And that, surely, can only be a good thing. It is, indeed, what the festival has been all about!
- Untied by Lord Malinov
- One Last Night in the "Red 5" by Franz Kafka
- Creation by Lord Malinov
- Requital (FM, femdom) by JD Socab
- Lapland by Mat Twassel
- Breakfast (MF, sex, voy) by Y. Lee Coyote
- A View to the Future by Y. Lee Coyote
- A View to the Future - 2 by Y. Lee Coyote
- Winter by Mat Twassel
- Christmas Cards by Henrik Larsen
- Sharp Rain by Mat Twassel
- Snow by Mat Twassel
- One Snowy Night in the "Red 5" by Franz Kafka
- Return to the "Red 5" by Franz Kafka
- Dirty by Vinnie Tesla